Launch My Music LLC is an artist discovery platform that allows artists and authors to give away music in exchange for free downloads that in turn give their music massive exposure globally. It helps fans connect with their next favorite artists and while allowing artists to directly connect with these newfound fans to nurture an ongoing relationship with them.
We collect personal information from contributing artists to provide downloaders on https://launchmymusic.com. We also send periodic marketing email messages to our contributing artists.
Our Compliance Team can be contacted directly here:
The personal data we would like to collect from you includes:
|Personal data type||Source|
|Email, Country, Postal Code||Customer supplied|
|Address, City, State, Postal Code, Phone, Paypal Email||Artist/Author supplied|
|Name, Artist Email, Booking Email, Manager Email, Public Relations Email, Website URL, Facebook Fanpage URL, Instagram URL, Twitter URL||Artist/Author supplied|
|Credit card||Customer supplied|
|IP address||Customer supplied|
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- Email marketing
- Periodic marketing emails from Launch My Music Inc.
- Periodic contest emails from Launch My Music Inc.
- Periodic marketing emails from artists who are contracted data processors for Launch My Music Inc.
- Tip Processing
- Payment and refund processing.
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data:
We obtain consent from the customer to allow processing of their personal data (GDPR Article 6(1)(a))
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for Launch My Music Inc LLC to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting us on our website at firstname.lastname@example.org.When we receive your request we will process it accordingly and notify you.
Launch My Music LLC will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent. The following third parties will receive your personal data for the following purpose(s) as part of the processing activities:
|Third country (non-EU)/international organisation||Safeguards in place||Purpose||Data Protection Contract in place?|
|Amazon SES||https://aws.amazon.com/privacy/||Transactional Email||N/A|
|Artists/Labels, Authors/Publishers||Data protection contacts for data-processors||Marketing||Yes|
Launch My Music Inc LLC will process personal data and store the personal data for the up to 4-years based on the following categories:
|Google Analytics||4 years||Improve customer experience|
|Trade Log||4 years||Process customer information trades|
Your Rights As A Aata Subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Launch My Music LLC refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Launch My Music LLC (or third parties), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Launch My Music LLC’s Compliance Team.
Online Privacy Statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.”
How We Use Your Information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Launch My Music LLC, will collect and use your personal data. When signing up with the Service you will be asked to supply information which may include your email address, country, postal code, or other information. When using the Service we may collect your browser type, OS type, IP address. We also store certain information in your browser called “cookies”. We use session ID cookies to confirm that users are logged in. These cookies terminate once the user closes the browser. By default, we use a persistent cookie that stores your session token to make it easier for you to login when you come back to the Service. You can remove or block this cookie using the settings in your browser if you wish to disable this convenience feature.
We will also use your personal information for activity history, and customer support. From time to time your information will be used for email marketing purposes by Launch My Music LLC and our contracted third-party suppliers.
Why Does Launch My Music LLC Need To Collect And Store Personal Data?
In order for us to provide you with marketing materials from the artist / authors, and customer support we need to collect personal data. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Launch My Music LLC asks for your consent as you sign up for service.
Will Launch My Music LLC Share My personal Data With Anyone Else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Launch My Music LLC in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. This may include order processing, shipment processing, customer support, analytics, and/or email marketing. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Launch My Music LLC’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Launch My Music LLC Use The Personal Data It Collects About Me?
Launch My Music LLC will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Launch My Music LLC is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under What Circumstances Will Launch My Music LLC Contact Me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find Out The Personal Data That The Organisation Holds About Me?
Launch My Music LLC at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Launch My Music LLC does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Launch My Music LLC or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What Forms Of ID Will I Need To Provide In Order To Access This?
In many cases email communication is enough for verification. However, we may require further proof of your identity. Launch My Music LLC accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: Passport, driving licence, birth certificate, utility bill (from last 3 months), current vehicle registration document, bank statement (from last 3 months), rent book (from last 3 months).
Children Under 13
We collect several types of information. We do not knowingly collect, however, any information from children under 13 years of age, nor are our services designed for use by children under 13.
Registration With NoiseTrade and Transactional Data
When you register, you are required to submit an e-mail address (which is your User ID for the Site), password and additional personal information. We also collect and store access information related to your account.
We use your e-mail address to provide you a link to the music you download. By providing your e-mail address to us, you agree that we may, from time to time, contact you by e-mail regarding the music or other materials you have accessed or downloaded from our Site. If you do not wish to receive such e-mails you will have the ability to opt-out.
We may use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes such as notifying you of major Site changes or for customer service purposes.
Launch My Music LLC takes commercially reasonable precautions to safeguard your information against theft and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.